April 15 is quickly approaching—have you filed your taxes yet? If not, you might be weighing your options in regards to assistance with filing. While certain tax websites are putting big money into advertising and luring in new customers, we urge you to consider trusting a local tax service in Des Moines, IA instead. A tax website might offer convenience, but that is nothing compared to the expertise, privacy and peace of mind you will receive from a certified professional. Here are six reasons why you should hire an in-person accountant rather than use a website this tax season:
- Expertise: Tax websites might have a good amount of information to draw from when initially planning your yearly taxes. But only a fully certified professional can offer truly concrete and unparalleled advice on your tax situation. Everyone could use a little guidance to maximize their deductions and make sure they are in compliance, and your tax service in Des Moines, IA can provide this type of help.
- Specificity: A tax website might work fine if you had a very straightforward year money-wise and are not concerned with finding hidden deductions. But if you had a change in income, inherited money, gained or lost a dependent, changed your marital status or could just use all the extra financial help you can get, then an in-person tax service is ideal for addressing your unique situation.
- Lower your risk: If you fear you might end up owing money to the IRS but are not sure how to calculate that sum, then it will certainly behoove you to attain the help of a fully certified professional. Unlike a website, a local accountant can offer the focus, experience and local knowledge necessary to ensure you are in full compliance with the IRS.
- Privacy: Most tax assistance websites use the best technology possible to ensure the privacy of their customers. That being said, anytime you submit your Social Security number, address, credit card number and other personal information into a website, you are taking a risk. Eliminate this risk by trusting your local accountant instead.
- No hidden fees: Many tax websites claim to be free at the outset, but that can quickly change once you start filling in your personal and income information. When you trust your tax service in Des Moines, IA, you know what the price will be going into it, and you can also count on maximizing your refund.
- Peace of mind: At the end of the day, you need to be able to sleep easily and not be consumed with worry over your tax returns. Only a fully certified, local professional can give you the real assurance you need to gain true peace of mind.
When it comes to filing your taxes, trusting a local professional pays off. For more information or to schedule a consultation, please get in touch with Accounting & Tax Professionals, PLC, your locally owned and operated tax service in Des Moines, IA since 1997.